Friday, October 9, 2009

Panasonic TH-50PX80U Great Purchase

I was initially was going to get a 42" or 46" 1080p tv, but after a couple tv returns I decided to go for the bigger set, even if it was "only" 768p (720p), and I am extremely happy I did. I watch blu-ray, hd cable, and xbox 360 and PS3 from 9 feet away and don't notice the detail difference between 1080p and 720p at my viewing distance. I was also worried about green fringing while gaming but it turns out this really isn't an issue at all (only notice it once in a blue moon, and it doesn't bother me at all), so for anyone who's heard of fringing, don't worry about it. The blacks and shading are top in it's class; if you need absolute black go for a Pioneer or the pz85u, but for a modestly priced set you won't get better blacks. The colors are great too; the most accurate mode with no video noise is "cinema". My settings are as follows: Picture: 85, Brightness: 49, Color: 39, Tint: +1, Sharpness 50, Color Management: Off, Black Level: light, Video NR: off, MPEG NR: off, Picture Mode: warm. Highly recommend this tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment